Thursday, May 3, 2007

Little things

I'm back at home now and I'm thinking back on my trip and the oddest things are coming back to me, little things.

I know I've talked about the great guys I met in Munich, about the beer drinking, and the English garden, and my first Jager shot, and conversations about love and faith, and I've said just how great they were, how they were gentlemen and yet also total guys if you know what I mean, but here's a story I haven't told:

It was our last night in Munich, at least our last night all together in Munich because the Swedes were leaving the next day. We were sitting around a table outside at the Schrannenhalle trying not to get morose about the fact that it was our last night. The topic turned to how much weight we all were bound to have gained after two weeks of drinking wiess beer by the liter (or half liter but no one ever had just one). I swear to God it was the boys that brought up the topic of weight gain. I participated in the conversation. The truth was I'd actually lost 4 kilos while I'd been in Munich and I said so. They were a little surprised and it lead the talk to exactly how much they all weighed. One by one everyone asked each other how much they weighed, except for me. Not one of the boys asked my weight. These boys who gave me so much shit about...everything, allowed an entire conversation about weight gain and loss to pass by without once asking my weight. It's weird the things you remember, the things you hold onto. These boys were absolutely the coolest and there are tons of stories I can tell to illustrate it, but this is the one that comes to mind.

Speaking of weight loss I've actually lost around 5 kilos even though, after Munich, I went on to London and Dublin where I ate a mountain of the greasiest food possible.

No comments: